Sunday, 17 November 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
For the crumb topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F then line a muffin tin with liners and set aside. Combine butter, unsweetened applesauce and sugar in a large mixing bowl then beat for 1 minute (mixture will look curdled). Add eggs then beat to combine. Add milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla then beat to combine.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients in three batches, mixing until just combined before adding the next batch. Add frozen raspberries then gently fold into batter.
3. Fill prepared muffin tin cups 3/4 of the way full with batter. In a separate bowl mix crumb topping ingredients together with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of muffins then bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in muffin tin completely.