Tuesday, 23 August 2011
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add turkey and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add taco sauce, chilies and corn. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Break tortilla chips and arrange over bottom of casserole dish. Spoon half of the turkey mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Break more tortilla chips and sprinkle over casserole.
Wednesday, 10 August 2011
Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman
- 1 1/4 lb. groun chicken
- 1 can 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 8 oz. Egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground chicken in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Cook egg noodles. Drain and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
4. To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with noodles, meat, then final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Courtesy of Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 11x7 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a medium size mixing bowl and set aaside.
3. Using an electric mixer on medium high speed, cream the butter, peanut butter, both sugars, and the vanilla until light and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat on medium speed until partially blended after each addition, about 10 seconds. After the last addition, beat until blended, about 30 seconds, stopping the mixer twice to scrape the bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix with a spatula until the flour is absorbed. Then mix on low speed until blended, 7 to 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl, especially the bottom.
6. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and blend for several seconds. Scrape the bowl. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
7. Bake the bars on the center oven rack until the edges are deep golden and the center is slightly puffy, 25 to 30 minutes. The center will drop when the bars are taken out of the oven, creating a chewy texture.