Friday, 30 December 2011
Courtesy of HERSHEY'S
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Creamy Brownie Frosting
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp. milk
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease 9 inch square pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides to pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare Creamy Brownie Frosting; spread over brownies. Cut into squares, about 16 brownies.
Creamy Brownie Frosting
1. Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add icing sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.
Thursday, 29 December 2011
Courtesy of the Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- additional sugar
- about 3 dozen mini hershey kisses
1. Heat oven to 375F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. In small bowl, place additional sugar. Roll balls in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookies. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Wednesday, 28 December 2011
- Candy melts (in many different colours)
- cookie molds
(many varieties are available)
- paint brushes (optional)
1. You will need melting chocolate. Melt in increments of 30 seconds on power level 4.
2. Once melted you can pour chocolate into molds about half full, and then insert an oreo cookie.
3. Let set in refrigerator, about 10 minutes.
*If you choose to be really fancy, and use different colours (like the photo above). You can paint with one colour and put in refrigerater to set, about 10 minutes, then continue like usual in step 2.