Thursday, 29 December 2011
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Courtesy of the Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- additional sugar
- about 3 dozen mini hershey kisses
1. Heat oven to 375F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. In small bowl, place additional sugar. Roll balls in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookies. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.