Saturday 24 December 2011

Happy 16th Birthday Copper!


Today is the day my puppy would've turned 16.  I hate to write this right before Christmas, but with his birthday being today, I really am missing him. In September we had to let Copper go.  He was getting old, and had suffered a stroke.  At the time I never posted anything, because I was very upset, but I felt I would pay a tribute to Copper on his birthday.

We picked up Copper from a farm in March 1996, when I was 8 years old.  He became a big part of our family, and always will be.  I still remember the night we picked him up.  We went out to a farm in the country, and got to choose between him and his sister.  I remember coming home and just wanting to play with him all night, I was so excited I couldn't get to sleep.  It was right then I became smitten.
(the night Copper became a Whitehead)
There are many things I miss about him, he loved to cuddle, and his ears were so soft.  He loved to have his belly rubbed, and his favourite trick was Shake a Paw.  When he got excited and wanted our food his teeth would chatter, like he was cold. Most important of all he loved to be with us.

With it being Christmas tomorrow, it brings back memories of Copper on Christmas morning.
Every Christmas we would buy Copper some pigs ears, his favourite.
Copper opening his Xmas gift
For the last couple of years, with all the excitement, Copper has jumped up onto the couch to cuddle with Mom.

Happy 16th Birthday Copper!! We will never forget you. Thank you God for sending Copper our way, he was such a blessing.  He was/is the BEST dog in the World!



Love you Cop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment