Sunday, 18 December 2011
Holiday Melting Moments
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Vanilla Frosting: (it is awesome, I'm going to start using this recipe for my Sugar Cookies)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 to 3 tsp. milk
- 2 candy canes, finely crushed
1. In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and egg yolk with mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, cornstarch, 1/2 cup icing sugar, the cocoa and salt. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
2. Heat oven to 375F. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. On ungreased cookied sheet, place balls about 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In small bowl, mix all frosting ingredients except candy canes with spoon until smooth and spreadable. Frost cookies; sprinkle with crushed candy canes.