Sunday 4 December 2011

Hosting a Cookie Swap!!!

Hello All,
Today I hosted my first ever Cookie Swap.  It turned out very well.  I invited some friends from church and we had a great visit and enjoyed some amazing cookies.

A few weeks before the party I sent out these invitations;
On the invitation I asked each person if they could bring 4 dozen cookies, and email me their recipes ahead of time.  Having the recipes ahead of time, I was able to print them onto Christmas recipe cards (from Michaels) for every person to take a copy home with them.

The Snacks


For beverages, I decided to have a Hot Chocolate Bar, I found this idea on pinterest.   The bar seemed to go over very well.  I kept the hot water in a urn, and provided packets of hot chocolate. 
No hot chocolate would be complete without toppings.  I had mini marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, candy canes, whipped topping, and french vanilla marshmallows shaped as snowman (I found these in the States).

For a bit of fun, I had some dollar store games on the side tables.  




I also had two jars of candy, which I had everyone guess how much was in each jar, whoever was the closest won the jar of candy.

Best of all there were a ton of cookies.  All of the ladies brought some great cookies.


We had some cookies on display so everyone could try some.  Before everyone left, they were able to fill their containers with a variety of cookies.

I was very pleased with how my first Cookie Swap turned out.  I am thankful to all the women who came, and for taking the time to bake those amazing cookies.  Thanks ladies!!  I look forward to hosting this again next year.

Check back in later, I will post the recipe for the cookies I baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment