- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1-2 tbsp. milk, optional (if dough is crumbly)
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Whisking constantly, browning butter by cooking until bubbly and small brown bits appear at bottom of the pan, about 7-9 minutes.
|*this is what my butter looked like.|
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon; set aside.
3. Once butter has cooled, add to a large bowl. Whisk in sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Slowly stir in dry ingredients. If dough is crumbly, add a tbsp of milk at a time until dough begins to come together. Stir in mini M&Ms.
4. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375F. Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet using an ice cream scoop, flatten slightly with a spatula, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms and edges are golden. Let cool before serving.