Saturday, 25 June 2011
Homemade Sloppy Joes
Courtesy of Simply Capturing Life
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (use your favourite)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard (or squirt in some yellow mustard)
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
1. In a large skillet, brown beef, celery and onion and drain fat.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. If looks to "loose", leave the cover off and let moisture evaporate.
4. Cook until it's the consistency you like for serving on buns.