Friday, 8 July 2011
Creamy Layered Peach Squares
Courtesy of PIL Cookbooks
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tub Cool Whip topping, thawed, divided
- 3 large fresh peaches, peeled, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. Jello raspberry flavour gelatin
-2 cups ice cubes
1. Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter in 13x9 inch pan; press onto bottom of pan.
2. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip; spread over crust. Top with peaches. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in ice cubes until melted. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in remaining Cool Whip; spread over peach layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
*Garnish with fresh raspberries and peach slices.
*Side note: Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat. If it is left out too long, it melts. *