Sunday, 12 February 2012
Strawberry Valentine Oreo Cookies
Courtesy of Six Sisters' Stuff
- 1 package of strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened (I'm pretty sure that's a 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together strawberry cake mix, eggs and shortening until well combined. The dough will be pretty thick. Roll dough into balls, making sure they are all similar in size. Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooking rack.
3. Mix together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies and sandwich together.
*I didn't make the frosting, I used Strawberry frosting that I bought in the US.