Sunday, 12 February 2012
Tuna Pasta Casserole
Courtesy of Betty Crocker
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked medium pasta shells or elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets, cooked until crisp-tender and drained
- 2 cans tuna in water, drained
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
3. Meanwhile, in 1 1/2 quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese until melted.
4. Stir in pasta, broccoli and tuna; mix well. Spoon into ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Cover and bake about 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping over casserole. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until topping is toasted.