Saturday, 19 January 2013
Courtesy of Add a Pinch
- 4-6 english muffins, cut in half
- 4-6 slices thick cut bacon
- 4-6 eggs
- hollandaise sauce - I used the packaged mix from McCormick
1. Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place bacon on a fully rimmed baking sheet (edges on all four sides) that has been topped with a cooling rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of water to each indention of the muffin tin. Crack an egg into each individual indention, taking care not to break the yolk of the egg. Place in the oven along with the bacon the last 9-10 minutes of cooking.
4. Place English muffins on another baking sheet. Spread with butter and place in oven at the same time as adding eggs.
5. As your bacon, eggs, and muffins are baking, prepare your hollandaise sauce. Pour into a serving container.
6. To assemble Eggs Benedict, place English Muffins on each plate, top with one slice of bacon that has been folded in half to fit on the English Muffin. Using a silicon spatula, gently remove a poached egg from the muffin tin, draining on a thick kitchen towel before placing on top of the bacon.
7. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and serve warm.