Recipe Courtesy of Land O Lakes
- 1 tube refrigerated French bread loaf (I used a tube of Pillsbury pizza crust)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces of thinly sliced ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/2 package frozen cut spinach, thawed, well-drained
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. water
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease large baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal; set aside.
2. Unroll French bread loaf on lightly floured surface. Cut into 2 (12x6 inch) rectangles. (**I just rolled out one 12 x 6 inch rectangle with the pizza crust**). Sprinkle Italian seasoning over both rectangles. Top each rectangle with ham, salami, spinach, cheese and olives.
3. Roll up each rectangle jelly roll fashion, starting at 1 long side; pinch seams to seal. Place onto prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Cut 5 diagonal slices across top of each roll. Combine egg and water in small bowl. Brush tops of each roll. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and thoroughly heated.