Courtesy of Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- 1 pkg. Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- hershey kisses
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon, mixed
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix sugar cookie mix, butter, egg, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice with a mixer or by hand until well blended. Dough will be very soft. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. If you prefer you can have the dough sit in the fridge over night, chances are it will be firmer and less messy.
3. Scoop the dough out with a small cookie scoop, roll into a ball and roll in the cinnamon sugar. If your dough is less firm due to refrigerating it less, drop it in the cinnamon sugar before you shape it. The coating with keep it from sticking to your hands.
4. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown and centers are firm. Remove from oven and immediately press a hershey kiss in the center of each.