Wednesday, 19 October 2011
Frito Chili Pie
Courtesy of Pioneer Woman
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup warm water
- grated cheese
1. Brown ground chicken with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.
3. Mix corn meal with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for a final 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
4. Serve chili with Fritos and cheese.