Sunday, 29 January 2012
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.