Wednesday 18 January 2012

Nacho Mac'N'Cheese

Wow, my first post of 2012. I can't believe it has been awhile since I posted.  I did so much baking during the holiday season, I've taken a bit of time off.  But I'm back.  I made this delicious meal for dinner tonight, and I would like to share.

Nacho Mac'N'Cheese
Courtesy of Taste of Home

Ingredients
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips

1. Cook the gemelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook beef and red peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in the butter, flour, taco seasoning and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.
3. Drain the gemelli; add to the beef mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with the tortilla chips.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment