Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Raspberry Oat Muffins
Recipe courtesy of Go Bold with Butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) raspberries, chopped
- Sanding sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, stirring until almost combined. Gently fold in raspberries, making sure not to overmix.
5. Fill muffin pan with about 1/4 cup batter per cup. Sprinkle tops with sanding sugar, if desired.
6. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.