Sunday, 20 March 2011
Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes
courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1/4 cup raspberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups icing sugar
- Fresh raspberries and sprinkles, optional
1. Prepare cake mix according to the package directions. Fill paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Drop 1/2 tsp. of pie filling in the center of each; cut through the batter with a knife to swirl.
2. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, beat the shortening until fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla, salt and icing sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with raspberries or sprinkles if desired.
Yields: 1-1/2 dozen