Tuesday, 26 April 2011
Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping
Recipe Courtesy of Taste of Home
-1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle berries with lemon juice. Combine sugar and tapioca. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into pastry shell.
2. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack.