Thursday, 7 April 2011
Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
Recipe and Photo courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. In a large skillet cook beef until brown. Drain fat; discard. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, and olives (if using). Heat through. Transfer meat mixture to a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Flatten each biscuit with your hands. Arrange biscuits on top of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 17 minutes or until biscuits are golden.