Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Autumn Chopped Salad
Recipe & Photo courtesy of Espresso and Cream
- 6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Poppyseed salad dressing
- Balsamic vinaigrette
1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing, followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. (I would estimate that I used about a cup of dressing: 70% poppy seed and 30% balsamic vinaigrette). If you prefer salad to have more dressing, feel free to experiment with the combination.
* If you feel like it you could just the make the salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette.