Sunday 27 November 2011

Christmas Ornament Wreath

Hello All!
I am an avid pinterest user, and I have seen many of these wreaths pinned on there.  I read all the links, and it didn't seem to hard to make, so I thought I would give it a try.  Here's how I did it, so you can try yourself.

You will need:
- a wire hanger
- glue gun, and glue sticks
- ornaments (I used 84 ornaments ranging in different sizes, but you can use less if you want to make a smaller wreath)

Start by glueing the tops onto the ornaments. 

Then take your hanger, and shape it into a circle.

Finally you can start to string the ornaments onto the wire.  At first it may not look like my end result, but once you get more ornaments on it will look full.

After you have all your ornaments strung on, twist the hanger together to close the circle.  This was the hardest part, I would suggest using the thinnest hanger you can find.  I wrapped some ribbon around where I twisted the hanger, and then made a loop, so I can hang the wreath.  I'm quite nervous to hang it, because I don't want the ornaments to break, I would suggest shatterproof ornaments if you can.

Here is the final product:

I am very happy with how it turned out.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. It came together quite nicely. Can't wait to see it in person.
    ~Rachael

    ReplyDelete