Wednesday, 9 November 2011
Make-ahead Chicken & Green Bean Casserole
Recipe courtesy of "what's cooking"
- 1 pkg. stuffing mix for chicken
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lb. (225g) fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 pkg. (227g) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can (284ml) 25% less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream cheese spread
1. Prepare stuffing as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with pepper. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Transfer to 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Cook and stir beans, mushrooms and onions in same skillet 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth; simmer 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese spread; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Spoon over chicken; top with stuffing. Cover. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
4. Heat oven to 400F. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through.