Recipe courtesy of Kraft Canada "What's Cooking"
- 24 Kraft caramels
- 1/2 cup canned evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut up
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Line 9 inch square pan with foil, with end of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Cook caramels and milk in saucepan on low heat 2 to 3 min. or until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly; press half onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 min.; top with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle with caramel sauce; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
4. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars.